- Challenge Mode Seasons (Mists) will end with patch prior to WoD (click to show spoiler)This “season” of Challenge Modes will be coming to an end with the upcoming release of a patch prior to the expansion’s release.
Challenge Modes are designed to offer as close to a “normalized” difficulty as possible, and they’re tuned to be tough to master. With Warlords of Draenor’s class changes, itemization changes (e.g. the removal of Hit and Expertise), and—of course—increased level cap on the horizon, the difficulty of Mists of Pandaria’s dungeons will no longer be tuned the same as they were. In the spirit of fair play, when the aforementioned patch is released a little while before the new expansion launches, the current slate of Challenge Mode dungeons will no longer be available, and the achievements they award will be converted to Feats of Strength. The reward items will still be available for purchase by those who qualified prior to the end of the season, but it will not be possible for new players to earn those rewards going forward.
If you still need to earn your Undaunted title, Ancestral Phoenix, or class-specific Transmogrification sets, now’s the time to get out there and prove your worth. In Warlords of Draenor, an entirely new set of Challenge Modes will be available . . . and with them an array of new rewards for you to earn. Until then, stay sharp! Source
- A new random matchmaking requirement for Heroic Dungeons is coming in Warlords of Draenor (click to show spoiler)An update to World of Warcraft Proving Grounds is coming for Warlords of Draenor. Lead Encounter Designer Ion “Watcher” Hazzikostas recently dropped the news concerning heroic dungeons.
Basically, if you want to do level 100 heroic dungeons and use the dungeon finder to do so, you are required to have at least a silver medal in the Proving Grounds for the role you queue up for. For example, if you queue up for a DPS role but only have a silver medal in healing, you’ll have to go get at least silver for DPS as well.
Note that this change is for random queues only. No medals are needed for going in with friends or normal dungeons. Source
- Will there be any difference between a heroic, normal or flex heirloom weapon while leveling a character up to 100? (click to show spoiler)While leveling, yes. Higher tier is stronger. The gap narrows as you level, until they're identical at level 100. (Celestalon) The Garrosh heirloom maxxing out at ilvl 620; anyone with a Garrosh heirloom esentially won't upgrade until Heroic 5 Mans (ilvl 630)
- Auction Houses (click to show spoiler)There will no longer be separate AH's for the Horde and Alliance; the entire server will be one, large, merged AH.
- Guild Levels (click to show spoiler)Gone. All guilds will essentially be what a lvl 25 guild once was. There will be some perks that you can still visually see; others will be rolled into the game inherently (like faster flight paths) and some are removed entirely (like the Cash Flow perk). Source
- Flying in WoD (click to show spoiler)Most likely will be added by patch 6.1; if they like how everything flows without flying they may just keep going as is, so still TBD
- Professions (click to show spoiler)Gathering professions, fishing, cooking, and first aid all seem to need a drop from random mobs to "learn" the Draenor ability i.e. go from 600-700. The crafting professions require a small quest line that you should have no problem completing going through the first zone, FFR
Raid Difficulties Normal (roughly equivalent to 5.4's Flexible difficulty) Heroic (roughly equivalent to 5.4's Normal difficulty) Mythic (20 players, roughly equivalent to 5.4's Heroic difficulty)
- Raid Finder loot is ilvl 650 and is different than the other difficulties--the trinkets are not as overpowered, no tier gear drops, and different models. - Normal loot is ilvl 665. - Heroic loot is ilvl 680. - Mythic loot is ilvl 695.
Normal/Heroic to be released 2.5 weeks after launch, LFR & Mythic a week after that
**The last questing zone in WoD is Nagrand; as someone who started with an ilvl 574 this was the first zone that started offering me upgrades from quest rewards. If you can get your heirloom from Garrosh in SoO before WoD you'll be set weapon wise as they scale up with you to lvl 100 and they achieve ilvl 633.
After upgrading my Garrison, Gnome Bankers took over my tannery. Bankers are bad enough but their being Gnomes is a bit much. I made my mortgage payment, so I don't know why they are there or why the kicked out my Tannery workers.
Apparently Thrall has a thing about gnome bankers, as he runs over and kills them as soon as they spawn. While I enjoy watching and taking part in a good gnome punting; I can not buy new leather working patterns because of it.
There are also some Alliance deserters hanging out in my barracks, stomping around breaking through the floor and walls.
Good thing about spell calculations is they made it much easier by basing off of Spell Power then the secondary stats work off of that.
The bad news is that don't trust the wow head or mmo spell coefficients by themselves. They are accurate, but you have to account for the hidden (in game) adjustments due to specializations. This can be found on wowhead, but you have to dig more for it. These are not flat changes either because sometimes they affect individual spells more then others.
I really wish they would've let us just encounter the final boss without telling us who it was. I wasn't around for most of MoP but I believe the knowledge that Gary was the final boss was kind of a damper on the whole thing, wasn't it?
Regarding expectations I thought that Lich King lived up to it personally but he largely influenced the entire expansion with the only exception being Ulduar.
Cataclysm there was good build up for Deathwing and certainly influences, but personally I more strongly associated with Firelands then Dragon Soul largely because I did not raid it while current.
Garrosh was boring as all hell as a end boss. I need to find the old video of the raid bosses arguing and the sad C'Thun feeling left out and introduce him to emo Garrosh. I guess it enabled the next expansion, but largely it was meh.
Raja: Resto Bear Tank Rawr By Janthu @ 3/1/17 8:33amWow, for all I've done for the guild after over a decade. You go to hell, sir. By Ventrilo @ 1/19/17 6:06pmScrew you vent! By Janthu @ 1/17/17 8:48amWho do you guys think played a better riddler, jack nicklaus or keith ledger? By Scottfree @ 1/4/17 8:04amCan you count? By Janthu @ 12/19/16 9:53amBribing the guards... By Tathlyn @ 12/12/16 7:09pmFilling space. By Gorgnet @ 12/6/16 5:38pmKick it, stab it, sling your pubic hairs at it!
-Hobbz By Nasur @ 11/18/16 8:56pmMember when people used to write tings here? By Riot @ 11/18/16 8:21amIt's also a Labor Day weekend for us. By Tathlyn @ 9/3/16 12:07pmHappy Labor Day!
Happy Weekend for our Canadian members. By Janthu @ 9/2/16 4:03pm*A cricket plays a golden violin against the devil for his soul* By Riot @ 6/29/16 3:14pm"BALLS!" said the queen....If I had them I'd be KING!! By Ozekiel @ 3/8/16 11:47amDefinition of torture - having a spare computer, but it's not powerful enough to run WoW. By Medawky @ 2/22/16 6:18pmYou and probably the whole guild. By Tathlyn @ 2/22/16 4:13pmIf I got paid by the word, I could have retired YEARS ago! By Ozekiel @ 2/22/16 8:49amOzzy can't listen to us because he's color blind. By Riot @ 2/17/16 1:55pmBoss gets paid to speak. You are just lucky Ozzy doesn't! By Janthu @ 2/5/16 8:31amWelcome back, you sarcastic Mutha Fucker!! Glad to have you back in the ranks man!! =) By Ozekiel @ 12/4/15 12:25pmStep one, underway. By Riot @ 11/29/15 11:39pm